Friday 9 January 2009

I've been shopping......


Well I've been shopping this morning. Thought I'd go and see what was in the sales. I didn't go into the city today though, just to Carrefour which is on the outskirts. Its one of those typical large french supermarkets inside a mini indoor shopping centre.

First purchase was the little blue flowery china beaker which I thought would be ideal next to the computer to put my pens in. Then I bought the balls of wool, this is because I'm busily crocheting squares at the moment, the plan is to make Holly a pretty blanket for her bed. The little pink mug is to replace my pink spotty one I broke the other day, just love pink ... can't help it.... just do. The cushion I was quite pleased with - I'm sitting on it - I've put it on the chair at the computer. I found this in a lovely interiors shop with lots of lovely, very expensive, country style things. This was half price, so I was chuffed - couldn't afford anything else in there though. Finally, the little jug - just because I thought it was sooooo sweet and only €1,75. You can never have too many jugs can you? I also bought a pair of jeans and a little grey top, was extra pleased with this purchase as they were the first pair I tried on, usually try on 20 pairs and never find 1 that fits properly.

Well I'd better go to "The Pigsty" ..... I'm off out there as I'm trying to defrost the washing machine..... second time this week ...... -7 last night (I know it's very cold in England too at the moment). I have great admiration for my washing machine she's a tough old thing - staying out there in all weathers and still serving me loyally, with only the occasional defrosting taking place.

Speak to you again soon.

Nickyx

11 comments:

Hen said...

Oooh, I love a good mooch in Carrefours, but I guess now it's your local it's about as exciting as me going to Waitrose! I like your goodies and hey, there's never any need to justify liking pink (or indeed buying things in pink, therefore)!
Happy weekend.
Hen x

Poppy said...

I love going to the French supermarkets!
Can I come and live with you???? I would so love to live in France!!! Love Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Oh yes you should definitely have a go at making a heart, they are so easy! But I warn you the habit is also addictive ;)

Sounds like the blanket is coming on well, hope Holly will love it. So nice to make something for your children yourself.

I like your buys, especially the jug, very sweet. We haven't been to France for ages (my aunt and uncle live in Normandie) but we always have a nose in Leclercs. I like those tall tins of fruit syrup that you can buy near the juices!

Mel xxx

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Everything is so lovely!
My favorite its the cushion!
Well done, for spotting it!
Kisses,
Debbie Moss

Shabby Chick said...

You have a great weekend too, sounds like you'll be getting more blanket done!

My aunt and uncle have lived in Normandie for about 6 or 7 years I think, they used to live right near us but couldn't resist going over when the house prices were so reasonable, though their house needed a lot of work. It's a gorgeous stone house, really traditional French and has the same sized barn attached to it so they could potentially double the size too one day!

Mel xxx

bex said...

phew...frozen washing machiene!! i thought we had it bad with frost on the inside of our windows in our flat!!! thanks for popping buy my blog!!!
see you again there sometime!!
take care
xx

Shabby Chick said...

To be honest I try and keep the stash under wraps so that hubby doesn't realise exactly how much I have *blush* or he might try and stop me getting any more!!!

I haven't been over to France since 2004 but I went the couple of years before that too. We would be tempted to go more often but what worries me is the girls hurting themselves on either the stone staircase or falling in the pond, or falling out of the low windows! Basically all the things that make the house really nice are now what put me off, but when they are a bit bigger we'll definitely go over more.

Hope you're having a good weekend xxx

Flossie and Tom said...

LOve your blog - thanks for popping into mine.

We want to move to France - have been talking about it for about 5 years now.

I'm going to take time out to read all your older posts.

Sara
X

Shabby Chick said...

Thanks Nicky, I was a bit nervous of posting up a pic (and I do like really up myself in it but it's the only one that doesn't show off my double chins!!!) so I'm not sure if it will stay or not :-S

Of course you can never have too much fabric, you never know what you might need and when!

Mel xxx

I LOVE FRANCE said...

Hello just found your log
It looks lovely we are renovating a wee house in france although we do not live there yet .
i look forward t reading all your blog
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hello ,I have just come from Thrifty Mrs blog ,We have been picked to do the Valentines swap. I love your blog ,and I really Look forward to doing a swap with you
love from sesga xx

My email is sesga@sky.com