Friday 27 March 2009

Finally..................!

The little bear at the front is Holly's favourite 'sleepybear'. She's had him since she was a baby he's very loved and could probably do with a bit of re-stuffing. I have already patched his body once with one of her first babygrows and that's worn out too now.


This is just a quickie. I've finally been to the doctor today after having a cough for three weeks, he says it's viral and has given me stuff to take 4 times a day which will also make me sleep to kill the cough (as he put it). I really don't need to be going to sleep in the day so we'll see, also the blood pressure is a bit low and even lower when I stand up hence the dizziness today apparently something to do with said virus. Anyway I won't bore you with all my medical symptons, just to say I'm feeling a little light headed and a glass of wine hasn't passed my lips! - not since Wednesday anyway.

This is just to let you know I have FINALLY finished my first ever crochet project - the blanket which became a cushion for Holly.


I used the fabric I bought at the antiques market for the back and added a pretty dark pink button to finish off. I made the inner myself, ideally it could do with a bit more stuffing but I think Holly will like it because it's all soft and squishy.

I also added a few little crochet flowers (my first attempts also) to the middle of four of the squares just for a bit more prettiness. I've put it on her bed for her to find when she comes home from school. I hope she's pleased with it.

Enjoy your weekend. I'll have to do a post about the fab giveaway I received today from Bex at Bexs Buttons over the weekend when I'm feeling a bit more with it.
Take care all.
Nickyx

14 comments:

Hen said...

That's sweet and will be a lovely surprise for her when she gets home. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Hen x

bex said...

hi nicky, you are very welcome for the give away, consider it a thankyou for reading my blog! im glad they arrived safely. hope you feel better soon!
xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely surprise for her Nicky I agree. Nice things you have been working on.Dont want to get into the medical here to much but did your doctor check your blood sugar?He should of sent you for a test for that.It maybe that your blood sugar is low,causing dizziness and weakness.But not to worry hes your doc im just a nurse LOL.Just was curious though...have a great weekend Nicky and do take care of yourself!

Shabby Chick said...

The cushion is great, what a brilliant thing to find when she comes home from school!

I hope you're feeling a lot better soon, sometimes it seems we just can't shift things by ourselves. I was so relieved that antibiotics worked so fast when I had a sore throat for a month.

Mel xxx

...Nina Nixon... said...

Hi Nicky, love your crochet handiwork and the fabric you've used for your cushion is adorable.

What a lovely suprise!!

have a fab weekend,

Nina x

Poppy said...

So pretty, I bet she loved it, I know I would!
You poor thing, try and get lots of rest over the weekend, and you have it from me not to do anything apart from relax.
Have a lovely weekend…love Lou xxxx

Thecraftytrundler said...

Love the little cushion, it's great!!! Looks really pretty, and cuddly!!
Hope you feel better soon, maybe you need a bit of rest, and take things easier a bit!! I have had a stomach bug this week, and over it now, but feel washed out. I think we should both take it easy!!

Take care, hun : )

Sharon xx

Louise said...

I love crochet cushions (I bet your daughter was thrilled).
Hope you get well soon
x

Floss said...

Fantastic cushion. Do get well soon - I hope that now spring is here you'll finally be able to shake the cough etc.

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I love crochet items, that cushion is lovely! I'm sure your daughter will love it!
Hope that you are feeling better, don't over do it. Make sure you have plenty of YOU quality time..
Take care
Isabelle x

Sam said...

Really lovely crochet cushion - sorry to hear you have been poorly!

The little bears are soo sweet too - I love old worn toys!

S xx

Rubyred said...

Hi Nicky,lovely cushion.I also loved the pouffe on a previous post.Hope you're feeling better soon!
Rachel x

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Crocheted flowers! Love them! Thanks for stopping by to see mine.

Mr Lee said...

What beautiful makes!The color you used is nice.welcome to our blog
http://china-cutter.blogspot.com/